The Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump comes in 150ml or 100ml with a handy suction base and cap!
Made from 100% food grade silicone, it is eco-friendly and is the simplest breast pump.
The Haakaa works by creating gentle suction on your breast. Most pumping mums use the Haakaa as a milk catcher or collector while simultaneously breastfeeding their baby on the opposite breast. This assists with achieving a let down and saves time! This breastmilk would otherwise have been lost in a breast pad.
The traditional constant pumping action required for other manual/ non-electrical pumps isn't necessary with the Haakaa, although a squeeze every now and then can help to produce a let down. If you have a hand free gently massage your breast or apply a warm compress to improve your milk flow.
1 x Haakaa Breast Pump - 100ml or 150ml
1 x Haakaa Breast Pump Cap
- Express breast milk using the power of natural suction!
- Soft and comfortable 100% food grade silicone.
- Compact size to fit perfectly into any handbag or baby bag.
- One-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges for bacteria to harbour.
- Fits a wide range of breast shapes and sizes.
- Silicone suction base to prevent accidental spills.
- 100/150ml capacity.
- No cords, batteries or assembly required.
- Silicone Cap fits securely over the pump flange to keep out dust and other airborne nasties between uses and helps to prevent accidental spills.
- Easy to use and clean.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Microwave sterilizer and dishwasher safe.
How to use
1. Sterilise your pump or wash in warm soapy water (no bleaching agents)
2. Suction the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction.
There are two ways to apply your Haakaa Breast Pump:
- Simply align the Haakaa so that your nipple is in the centre. Press the pump into the breast so that there is suction and you are ready to go!
- Fold back the silicone breast shield. Once your nipple is aligned in the centre, press the pump into the breast and fold back the pump shield so that it is contact with your breast.
Yes it really is that simple!
If any pain is felt, remove the pump until you feel comfortable.
3. Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
4. Once the pump becomes full, empty into a storage bottle or bag and reposition.
5. If the pump is full or you wish to stop pumping – simply suction the suction base to the table next to you while you finish your feed or re dress and the pump is 100% secure. Store as required.
The Haakaa Silicone Pump is available in either 100ml or 150ml.
The 150ml size is the most popular version as most mums choose to pump while feeding their baby in a traditional cradle (across the body) position. As the 150ml is slightly longer it is more forgiving when on an angle so that milk doesn't travel up into the neck of the pump (and result in a wet boob).
Other mums prefer the smaller and slightly lighter 100ml version, so it really comes down to personal preference.
Clean after each use. We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising your Haakaa Breast Pump with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use UV sterilisers to clean this product as it may impact the lifespan of your pump.