Pop the Haakaa Silicone Milk Collector inside your bra to collect let-down and save every precious drop of your liquid gold!
The Haakaa Ladybug Silicone Breast Milk Collector is the perfect breast pad alternative for mums who want to save every drop of leakage and letdown instead of soaking it up.
The one-piece design attaches to your breast with suction and sits securely and discreetly in your bra. This suction is light and gentle to hold the product in place. It won't draw out additional milk, so it's ideal for mums who leak breast milk and want to save it without increasing their supply.
You can wear the Ladybug on the other side while you're breastfeeding to catch your letdown or wear one on each breast inside your bra as you carry on with your day. It is completely portable and has small feet on the bottom to stand upright on any flat surface, preventing spills after use.
Once you have finished collecting your letdown, open the plug on the top and safely pour out your milk into a container or bottle.
1 x Ladybug Silicone Breast Milk Collector
The Haakaa Silicone Milk Collector is also available in a twin pack here.
The Ladybug Milk Collector is best suited for those who leak while breastfeeding or not looking to actively pump breastmilk. If you don't actively leak while feeding we recommend the Haakaa Silicone Pump as the milk collector only has gentle suction and is a more passive way to collect milk.
The most popular version is the 75ml style, with mums with larger supply/leakage opting for the larger 150ml version.
- Attaches to your breast with light suction to help keep it in place inside your bra
- Made of soft 100% medical grade silicone
- One-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges for bacteria to harbour
- Small feet on the base allow it to stand upright on flat surfaces
- No cords or batteries required
- Easy-care - just boil to sterilise
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free
Please refer to The Australian Breastfeeding Association guidelines for safe milk storage.
Collecting Your Leakage and Letdown
- With the plug closed, press down on the back of the Ladybug and centre the main opening over your nipple.
- Press to your breast and release to create gentle suction and begin collecting letdown.
- Wear your Ladybug on the other side while nursing to collect letdown, or wear one on each breast to collect leakage throughout the day.
- Remove the Ladybug regularly to store your breast milk in line with your country's safe breast milk storage guidelines. Pull the plug from the outlet and pour out the milk from the outlet into a container before storing.
Cleaning & Care
Clean after each use. We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising your Silicone Milk Collector with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use UV sterilisers to clean this product as it may impact its lifespan.
Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Exposure to detergent may make the silicone in this product appear cloudy. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended use. Store product in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult supervision is required.
Please ensure you are familiar with the ABA guidelines on the safe storage of breastmilk. Empty your Ladybug regularly to store your breast milk according to these recommendations. Consult your midwife or lactation consultant if you have any concerns prior to use.